Just like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon, our pollinator garden is emerging from its transformation. The main garden is mostly done with some tweaking and additions to be done but the first phase of the Pollinator and Memorial Garden at the TRWA is coming to a completion. A complete guide to the garden will be available soon. The highlights are as follows:
- Fencing placed around the garden with public entry way.
- Center Garden Viewing path created with crushed stone and topped with Pea Gravel.
- Monarch Butterfly Garden planted to the left as you enter.
- Hummingbird Garden planted to right as you enter.
- Trellis for Passionflower vines at center back.
- Butterfly puddler at center at edge of path.
- Butterfly at right corner from UT Art in the Gardens Butterfly Auction in 2019, by Mountain Ridge Way Products and donated to the TRWA Pollinator Garden. The butterfly titled "Wings of Awareness" was painted in acrylics by Emily McSpadden, spreading the wings of Autism awareness. Part of the auction proceeds was donated to the Autism Foundation.
- Additional flowers from the old garden and some new ones were added to the back half of the garden.
- The garden was mulched and landscaping fabric was added to areas to help prevent weed growth especially under the Past Members Memorials.
- Material Funding provided by: Tuckaleechee Garden Club, Blount County Master Gardeners and the Tennessee State Garden Club.
Stop by and view this transformation. More to come!!