This is the 15th year since the inception of the Townsend River Walk & Arboretum, with the Tuckaleechee Garden Club overseeing the maintenance throughout those years. Most funds to preserve and enhance this project comes from the yearly plant sale sponsored by the Tuckaleechee Garden Club. The cost of preserving, protecting and enhancing the River Walk & Arboretum has continued to grow over the years but this year we are doing some major enhancements that need funding.
- Replacing the tree and garden signs with metal posts and anodized aluminum signs as well as adding tags to the trees to make it easier for everyone to associate the sign and tree. (May 2019)
- The Pollinator and Memorial Garden will be getting some upgrades. (May 2019)
- The Roadside Specimen Garden will cleaned with new landscaping fabric and pine straw added. (May 2019)
- The trial off of the main River Walk will be cleaned up and mulched. (May 2019)
- Forest floor, river edge and hillside plants will be purchased and planted to help control erosion to the river walk area. (October 2019)
There have been many thousands of hours donated to the maintenance of the river walk over the last 15 years and that will continue but there is more to maintaining the River Walk and Arboretum and that requires your generosity.
All funds donated are 100% used for the Townsend River Walk & Arboretum (except for the credit card processing fees thru Paypal).
If you have enjoyed this wonderful, free to the public, natural resource we encourage you to make a small donation so that one of the jewels Blount County and Townsend will continue to shine for years to come.
Our Goal for 2019 is $3000 and have reached about 25% of that goal.
We have made it easy to donate thru Paypal (You DO NOT Need a Paypal Account).
Donate by Credit Card or Paypal Account by just clicking the donate button at the bottom of the thermometer and follow the instructions.
Your kindness and generosity are appreciated!