On this beautiful Friday members of The Tuckaleechee Garden Club (TGC) did a great job of freshening up of the TRWA (Townsend River Walk & Arboretum). I was unable to attend but Allison Pearson led a great team that included: Janie Bitner, Wanda Taylor, Theresa Schehr, Jolene Martin, Sandy Andrews and Rodney Pearson. Thank you all for doing a great job.
So you may wonder what freshening the TRWA involves (which is done monthly by TGC volunteers). Here is the short list:
- Cleaned up the trail to the white pine past the memorial stone, including weeding and re-setting the metal arbor.
- Weeded the roadside garden.
- Weeded around the beautyberries near the roadside garden.
- Collected trash.
- Wiped down Arboretum signs.
- Mowed edges of the entire trail.
- Weeded the Iris bed.
- Edged sidewalks.
- Mowed areas around both entrances and along sidewalk beside hwy321.
- String trimmed several areas including above the tunnel.
- Removed several active ant beds.
The next time you see a TGC member thank them for volunteering and financing the Townsend River Walk & Arboretum, Townsend's premier green space!
If you would like to support the TGC in their effort to maintain and make upgrades to the TRWA please make a donation. DONATE HERE!
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS!